Born and based in Dubai, Zeinab Alhashemi is a conceptual artist and designer specializing in site-specific installation, and spatial art.
Her process forges a connection between an honored tradition and a distinguished contemporary pieces by collaborating with artisans and craftsmen she works to inform the execution through a process of exploration. By deconstructing and reconstructing her chosen medium she gives viewers a different perspective on the landscape they are situated in.
Her practice focuses often in response to her immediate surroundings. Her research revolves around the past and history of her environment, documenting the process of change through her perception and the state from “What is’ to “What could be”, only this time it’s not the history it holds, but also the story she tells.
Alhashemi executes visionary art through raw and overlooked materials. Her personal journey to understand her identity, the world around her, and the universal symbols that shapes our reality. Her execution with form reflects the connection between nature, industrial through implementing sacred geometry consciousness in the work.
Alhashemi supports the importance of public art, and is always keen to engage the public with her work, she believes that as a growing art and culture scene, it is her responsibility as an artist to draw awareness not only on art and design, but how it can inspire the society.
Commissions and Exhibitions:
- “Co-Lab: Contemporary Art & Savoir-faire is part of the Emirati- French Cultural Program
- (EFCP) commissioned by the Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi. 2018
- “Vitalism” x Montroi celebrating Nomadism - Dubai Design Weel 2017
- “hexalite”x Swarovski -Dubai Design Week 2016
- “Alharaka Baraka” Unlimited Arab Explorations-(Maraya Art Center) 2016
- “WASL” - (Dubai Design Days)2016
- “The time is out of joint” - SAF 2015
- “Emirati Expression” - ADART 2015
- “Past Forward” – Washington DC 2014
- “Phantasmagoria” Cuadro Gallery DIFC-Urban 2014
- “Sanam” Tanween x Tasheel - Design Days Dubai 2014
- “Circumvolution State of Mind” Sharjah Biennial 11 2013
- “Time & Space Matters” Capital D Studio Show 2013
- “Design Road Pro” Arts & Culture x DDD 2013
- “Prayer On a Wheel” Art in Residence (Air) 2012
- Abayah - Ara Gallery 2012
- Christies Auction for Noor Dubai 2012
- 40 Poems From the Desert and UAE A Work of Art 2011 at The Ara Gallery
- Sikka Art Fair - 2010, 2012-2011,
- (MinD) Made in Dubai - DUCTAC 2011
- Abu Dhabi Airport Center Project for F1 2011